Graduate Assistant, Center for Language & Technology (CLT) and National Foreign Language Resource Center (NFLRC), College of Languages, Linguistics & Literature
Closing Date: Application review begins 12/14/2018
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide general support and assistance to day-to-day operations for the CLT and National Foreign Language Resource Center (NFLRC) offices, including managed learning spaces, websites and social media.
- Duties include working as part of a team of faculty and staff that supports and advances language learning in the College and through national projects.
- Duties may include supporting the design and delivery of online instructional materials, interactive online experiences and online resources intended to support students and faculty who teach in online environments.
- Additional duties may include assisting in professional events (for example, state, national or international conferences hosted by the NFLRC), as well as assisting in publication projects and with data collection and analysis for multiple projects.
- Classified graduate status in foreign languages, ESL, linguistics, educational technology or related field.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Google Docs,Google Sites and social media.
- Ability to provide technical support and guidance to users regarding computer applications and operating procedures.
- General skills in computer application support (PC and Mac platforms).
- Working knowledge of online learning technologies, including web-based course management systems and content management systems.
- Experience with data collection, analysis and report writing.
- Academic interest in faculty development.
- Experience with mobile learning applications.
- Experience with computer troubleshooting.
- Familiarity and/or experience with image, sound and video editing software.
- Working competency in a second language.
Salary Information: $1458.50/month (MA); $1517.00/month (PhD)
To Apply: Send an email to email@example.com including: 1. Cover letter indicating how you satisfy the minimum and desirable qualifications. 2. Resume including educational history (bachelor’s degree and above), previous employment in related areas, and any scholarships, academic awards, etc. 3. Completed application form available at: http://clt.manoa.hawaii.edu/pdf/GA-APPLICATION.doc
Inquiries: Char Hopela; (808) 956-5118; firstname.lastname@example.org