For Institutions and Businesses

Universities, colleges, or businesses in need of advanced Chinese and Japanese language training may contract with the University of Hawaii to receive web-based, asynchronous instruction for their language students or business associates. Academic credit may be awarded by the home institution; University of Hawaii will collect a course delivery fee.


  1. Determine the need for these courses at your institution. How many students would be interested? What are their backgrounds? (How much Chinese or Japanese language study have they had?)
  2. If needed, establish a framework for granting credit from your own institution. For example, they may be offered under existing courses like 399 - Directed Readings.
  3. Fill out the form below, or contact Stephen Tschudi with any questions to make specific arrangements. We will need to coordinate academic calendars and draw up an agreement, and then plan publicity and ensure smooth coordination as the course progresses.
Contact NFLRC regarding online language learning for your institution.

Name of Institution
Type of Institution
Language(s) interested in

Contact Email
Contact Phone Number
Message (Optional)
Image Verification
Please enter the text from the image:
[ Refresh Image ] [ What's This? ]