created on Jun 30, 2016 modified on Jun 30, 2016 04:11
In this project, students will explore the abundance of Chinese regional cuisines and learn about their geological, cultural and historical significance of food. As ambassadors, they will help incoming Chinese students adjust to the new campus dining environment in Arizona and create an interculturally welcoming dining experience. A qualified bilingual menu will be presented and advocated to the campus food service.
1. Familiarize the ingredients for Chinese food - Field trip to Asian market more detail
2. Brainstorm on Driving Question - Brainstorm for possible social or cultural issues related to the driving question. more detail
1. Visit and Taste - Form students' teams & Scaffold student learning more detail
1. Report on food tasting - Write a short report. more detail
2. Peer-Review - Read and reflect. more detail