created on Oct 15, 2017 modified on Oct 28, 2017 05:39
This 10-week project was designed for Russian First Year, Second Semester learners with Intermediate Low proficiency. The learners are enrolled in a YIL1202R (Beginning Russian 2) in a 4-year program at a Yale-NUS College in a Urban Singapore setting, although our class meets via teledistance. The course meets 3 times per week for two sessions of ninety minutes, one section of sixty minutes, and a sixty-minute session with a local language tutor each week. The students designed tourism materials for Russian tourists staying at the Pan-Pacific Singapore hotel.
1. What do you like about your city? - A short essay homework assigned before a week before the entry event. more detail
1. Showing off Singapore! - Entry Event - This task was the real entry event into the project. more detail
1. Field Trip to Pan-Pacific Preparation - Preparing students to take full advantage of a field trip to the Pan-Pacific Singapore Hotel. more detail
2. Interview a Russian speaker - Interviewing Russians to understand what they look for when they travel. more detail
1. Assessment - Self and Teacher - How students will assess their own project, and how I will assess it. more detail