LD&C is a free open-access journal on issues related to language documentation and revitalization.
- NEW! Special Publication 27: Voices: Perspectives from the International Year of Indigenous Languages
- NEW! December 2022 Upload: 3 new articles in Volume 16
- NEW! View the 2021 Annual Report
- NEW! SP25: Doing Corpus-Based Typology With Spoken Language Corpora
- NEW! SP23: Theoretical reflections around the role of fieldwork in linguistics and linguistic anthropology: Contributions of Indigenous researchers from southern Mexico
- Chapter 5 in the Grammar of Shilluk (SP14): The noun phrase in Shilluk
Thanks to all our staff present and past and thanks to all who review for us and support LD&C in many ways.
Welcome to Language Documentation & Conservation (LD&C), a peer-reviewed, open-access journal sponsored by the National Foreign Language Resource Center and published exclusively in electronic form by the University of Hawaiʻi Press. We publish one volume per year with no fees either for contributors or for readers. We upload articles four times per year in a publish-on-acceptance model.
LD&C publishes papers on all topics related to language documentation and conservation, including, but not limited to, the goals of language documentation, data management, fieldwork methods, ethical issues, orthography design, reference grammar design, lexicography, methods of assessing ethnolinguistic vitality, biocultural diversity, archiving matters, language planning, areal survey reports, short field reports on endangered or underdocumented languages, reports on language maintenance, preservation, and revitalization efforts, plus reviews of software, hardware, books, and data collections. Any work published by LD&C must conform to modern standards of data citation, including archiving primary data in a language archive.
See our publication ethics and malpractice statement here.
In December 2018 we were accepted as members of the Free Journal Network.
Thanks to Joel Bradshaw and Aidan Wilson for help in creating this website