Language Learning & Technology is a refereed journal, published exclusively on the World Wide Web, which began publication in July 1997. The journal seeks to disseminate research to foreign and second language educators in the US and around the world on issues related to technology and language education. The journal is co-sponsored by NFLRC and the Michigan State University Center for Language Education and Research (CLEAR).
Click here to see the current issue.
A major initiative of the NFLRC during the past grant cycle was the establishment of a new refereed journal, published electronically on the World Wide Web. Language Learning & Technology was officially launched at the ACTFL meeting in Philadelphia in November, 1996. The journal is jointly sponsored by the Hawai‘i NFLRC (with editorial responsibility) and our sister NFLRC, the Center for Language Education And Research (CLEAR) at Michigan State University (with production responsibility). Additional co-sponsors include the University of Minnesota LRC (CARLA, with responsibility for the review section), the Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium (CALICO), the International Association of Learning Laboratories (IALL), the European Association for Computer Assisted Language Learning (EUROCALL), and the Australian Technology Enhanced Language Learning Consortium (ATELL). Editorial Board members include representatives from six LRCs and many leading universities.
- Recruit high quality volunteer staff and editorial board for electronic journal; publicize journal to foreign language teachers and researchers.
- FIRST ISSUE WAS PUBLISHED IN JULY. Solicit and review first round of submissions and prepare accepted articles for publication in first volume of electronic journal.
- Solicit manuscripts, edit, and prepare for publication contributions for Issue No. 2 of electronic journal.
- If publication schedule for the electronic journal has been maintained to date, increase the number of issues per year from 2 to 3; solicit, edit and prepare for publication contributions for Spring and Summer issues.
- Edit and prepare for publication contributions for Fall-Winter issue of electronic journal.
- If three issue format deadlines have been met for electronic journal, increase to four times per year. Continue soliciting, editing, and publishing contributions.